Here are the latest coronavirus headlines for April 10, 2020.
- 11:41 a.m.: The Stanislaus County Office of Emergency Services has launched a YouTube channel giving people information on the pandemic in Stanislaus County.
- 11:35 a.m.: Senator Kamala Harris has teamed up with Senator Elizabeth Warren on legislation intended to fight price gouging during the coronavirus pandemic.
- 10:48 p.m.: The global death toll from coronavirus is now more than 100,000 people, according to a Johns Hopkins University tally.
- 10:38 p.m.: The IRS says some stimulus payments will start going out next week, starting with people who recently filed tax returns and authorized direct deposit.
- 10:44 a.m.: It’s still challenging to find toilet paper and hand sanitizer on store shelves due to the coronavirus pandemic, but there’s at least one product that’s available in plentiful supply: chicken wings.
- 10:36 a.m.: Smoking marijuana, even occasionally, can increase your risk for more severe complications from COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.
- 6:36 a.m.: Gov. Gavin Newsom reassured residents Thursday the state has enough ventilators to meet its projected needs after some questioned his decision to lend 500 machines to other states in crisis.
Here are the top coronavirus headlines from Thursday you might have missed:
- Coronavirus Pandemic Forces Grieving Families To Be Left Without Proper Goodbye At Funerals
- Coronavirus Crime: New Pandemic Protocols Allow Petty Criminals To Avoid Jail Time
- Coronavirus Hygiene Heroes: West Sacramento Company Helps Sanitize Businesses
- Sheriff, Residents Respond To Stanislaus County’s Move To Charge Thieves With Looting Amid Coronavirus Crisis
- Slavic Church With More Than 70 Coronavirus Cases Working With County To Slow Spread Of Virus
- Coronavirus Protection: Face Masks Now Required When Visiting Yuba, Sutter Counties’ Facilities
Visit our coronavirus news section for more.
- How many coronavirus cases are there in the Sacramento region? In your area?
- How do I know if I have coronavirus?
- Get tested for coronavirus